Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Handwritten Copy of Not Really Autistic

Trigger Warning: Still ALL THE GASLIGHTING

Just for fun, here's my handwritten copy of "Not Really Autistic." I did make a couple edits, but you can get the idea of what I was saying... if you can read my handwriting. I really do have handwriting issues. And yes, executive functioning is why it took so long for this to get uploaded. I had already scanned them in before the typed copy was even published here.



5 comments:

  1. Your handwriting is related to mine. Kind of a secret code. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear... what people must think of my handwriting after reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. (just because I found your completely legible which I think says something about how normally illegible mine is)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My handwriting varies. If I take my time, it looks amazing (I think). I look like a 2nd grader focusing on it in order to make it right, but I can squeeze out a functional page or so of text before it's too much focus to go any further.

    After that, or if I'm in a hurry, I'd pay good money to make it look as good as yours. :) It's not so much making the shapes, but putting letters and words in the right order. My head goes faster than my hands and then it becomes a mess. I actually learned to embrace that by creating this contextual handwriting where I focus on words I use less frequently and common words like 'the' I'll start with a t and then squiggle it into an e. it ends up reminding me of arabic (I took a college class in that about 6 years ago, and ironically can write incredibly legibly in arabic, but english, look out).

    I feel your pain on this I guess is what I'm saying :)

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.